Tuesday, January 17, 2012

How did we get here? (Sam's Viewpoint) Part 1

There are lot of factors that make up a difficult decision in life. This a simple story of the way we decided to drop everything that is comfortable in our lives and move1/3 of away around the world to find a new life.


I believe when God closes one door he opens another for a reason, and this opportunity to move to Zagreb Croatia is just that. The door God closed on us was having kids at this time. The treatment such as IVF couldn't be justified in our hearts because of the cost. I know that might sound crazy to some, because they have a child of their own where they can look into their child's eyes and you'd give the world for that child. We couldn't gamble with that much money at 60% success rate of IVF vs adopting a child that needs us at 100%. However to that end we didn't feel that we were in a place to go through the adoption process either. We just got done dealing with infertility issues emotionally so we looked elsewhere to fill our family with happiness and life.


The passion that I have for Croatia is a connection that I have received from my Aunt Catherine Morovich (who was born and raised on Bainbridge Island) and her son and daughter, John and Joanne. Growing up, I witnessed their involvement in leading a group called the Seattle Junior Tanburitzans. John and Joanne teach Croatian folk dancing and music while Catherine orchestrates behind the scenes.


However most of my inspiration stems from my own travels to Croatia, from a trip that Katie I took a couple of summers ago. The scenery there just blew my artistic mind. Every time I turned my head I was delighted by the architecture, cobble stone streets, vineyards, cafes, amazing light during all parts of the day, the seaside, the list goes on. I truly fell in love with this land at first sight. I'm counting the days when I get to go back in July.

1 comment:

  1. Samuel...gotta say WOW. The few paragraphs conveyed by you and your wife reveal and share so much. Glad to know your both doing well and big ups on the job! You're truly blessed and thanks for sharing the info looking fwd to more bro, peace.

    ReplyDelete