Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Small World List

History teacher at the American International School of Zagreb went to Eisenhower High School in Yakima where I teach. He was a foreign exchange student from Croatia. Then went UW.

The Art teacher I’m replacing went to school at Western Washington University, and is from Richland, Washington.

Math teacher at AISZ went to school at Central Washington University where both Katie and I went. He did his student teaching at Davis High School, which is the cross-town rival of Eisenhower High School where I teach. He also has a house in Washington.

Another teacher at AISZ has the name Mirkovich in her family tree dating back 2 generations. Her family is from the island of Susak, which is just north of Dugi Otok where my family originated from. If we are related, I don’t know but I hope to find out. :)

Went to see the Vet to get Lucy all up to date with her shots and micro chipped to go overseas. I mentioned to him that we were moving to Croatia. He said he knew someone from his church that had a daughter in Zagreb who runs a summer camp. A phone call and an email later, we are communicating and planning to meet in Zagreb. She knows someone on the Zagreb Baseball Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment